Wednesday 11 December 2019

WWC251 - Dawn's "All About Occasions" Challenge

I bought a die set a while back which I keep meaning to use but haven't yet.  It seemed like the right time to pull it out and create a card.  The die is simple.  It shows the silhouette of a wolf singing the song of its ancestors as a sliver of moon shines above him.


For my base I used the Heavy Whisper White.  I wanted a night sky behind my silhouettes but didn't want too dark a blue and so pulled out my Pacific Point cardstock.  To give it more of an effect of the moon rising, I used my Aqua Painter and added Pacific Point to the upper portion of the piece.  To the lower portion, I used some chalk pastels I had lying around.  A paler blue helped to lighten the cardstock without really changing the colour.  I did the same with the moon.  By that I mean I used chalk pastels.  I wanted to have a huge moon but still give the impression of the majority being the dark side, slightly illuminated.  Then I adhered the strip of moon and I think it worked out quite well.

The silhouette of the moon on a rock was perfect but I wanted him to appear to be way up on a mountain.  Having the silhouettes of the upper portion of trees helps give that impression.  After that, a scattering of stars, thanks to some retired Glimmer paper and another die and the card was ready for its sentiment.  The simple line from the retired Nature Sings stamp set is perfect, don't you agree?


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges: 


Cardz 4 Guyz:  Challenge #234 (Christmas Critters)

Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog:  Stars

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Snowy or Starry Night

6 comments:

  1. What a fun and clever card! LOVE the sentiment....perfect for your "singer". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning card Heidi. Love the scene you've created with that fab die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Heidi, Love the wolf and also the sentiment. Says it all. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, so atmospheric. Happy Christmas. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so effective. Your moon is lovely. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever card, Heidi! I love your use of die cuts to make this lovely scene and that wonderful sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.