Saturday 20 September 2014

Adventure Bound -- PCCCS#110

It's been a while since I've done a vintage-style card and today just seemed to be the day for me to create one.  I had been looking at the sketch for the Paper Craft Crew Challenge and when I thought "vintage" it all came together.

Paper Craft Crew Card Sketch #110 #papercraftcrew #cardsketch

I knew I didn't want to do three word bubbles but, thank goodness, it's acceptable to change the shapes as long as the general layout is recognizable.  I am satisfied that I've managed to maintain the layout.

I began with three stamp sets on my work table:  Traveller, World Map and Artistic Etchings (retired).  First I stamped the suitcase and then made a mask and covered it so that I could stamp the Eiffel Tower.  I left the mask on the suitcase so that I could stamp the background.   I had decided to use a portion of the World Map in place of the spatters in the sketch and so I inked only a portion of the stamp with Baked Brown Sugar and stamped that onto the piece of Very Vanilla.  

When I removed the mask, my suitcase was free of additional stamping and I proceeded to colour it with my Blendabilities.  For my sentiment I chose the "adventure bound" from the Project Life Remember This stamp set.  I cut that out using my Word Bubble framelit and then trimmed it a bit more so that it just surrounded the sentiment.  I lightly sponged around the word bubble using Baked Brown Sugar ink.  

Then I took my stamped piece of Very Vanilla and did some heavy distressing around the perimeter.  After that I sponged around the perimeter and slightly into the actual surface using Baked Brown Sugar ink.  Before I began assembly, I stamped the spatter from the Bite Me stamp set in the three spots where the sketch shows embellishments.

My base is Early Espresso, then comes a layer of Baked Brown Sugar, then another layer of Early Espresso and finally the stamped piece of Very Vanilla.  To finish off, I attached the sentiment word bubble using Dimensionals.


For more cards using this sketch, check out the Paper Craft Crew Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch Heidi! And I love the way you've coloured the suitcase too! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Craft Crew this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the challenge, Jan. That Traveller stamp set is so versatile. Thanks so much for your comments.

      Delete
  2. Oh, Heidi, I just love the vintage travel theme of this card! Great job and thanks for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pam. I enjoyed the opportunity to do a vintage theme. Your sketches are never boring. :)

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.