Wednesday 17 November 2021

WWC329 - Cathy's Challenge: All Things Masculine

Do you know what is the problem with having a lot of supplies?  Making a choice!  I must have changed my mind a half dozen times before finally deciding to make a humorous masculine card using one of Bonnie Krebs' delightful Sloth images.  Who doesn't love sloths?

I chose to make the card in a slimline format since I wanted lots of room under the sloth which was hanging from a branch as they customarily do.  The base is heavy Whisper White and then I've added a layer of Old Olive to bring out the colours of those little leaves.  I used my Derwent watercolour pencils and an Aqua Painter to colour the image and love the results.  To add some festive sparkle, I heat embossed a series of gold sparkles around the image.  It's a birthday card, after all.

I simply love the sweet expression on the sloth's face.  Don't ask how that party hat is managing to stay on his head.  That was Bonnie Krebs' idea.  I think the card would work beautifully for a guy of any age, don't you? 

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, November 29th, 2021.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

Use Your Stuff Challenge #435 - Tic Tac Toe (blue, masculine, simple stamping)

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #158 - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Super cute and fun card Heidi. Love your layout and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks for joining us at UYS. Such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. I love this CAS look and it's really stellar. Thanks so much for joining us in our tic tac toe challenge at Use Your Stuff! Tammy DT Co-ordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this super fun and cute card Heidi!! Brilliant colouring and design really bring this sweet little sloth to life!! A favourite!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.