Wednesday 3 November 2021

WWC328 - Tristan's Challenge: All About Occasions

This is such a lovely stamp set called Wonderful Autumn by StudioLight.  I love the background paper, as well, also created by StudioLight.  It's easy to be inspired when everything works so well together.


For some reason the colours are not photographing true.  I find that singularly annoying.  But after spending altogether too much time in Photoshop, I threw in the towel and gave up any chance of actually showing the true colours of the card which stands to the right of me at the moment, heckling the colours on my screen.  I feel I have to apologize to the card for misrepresentation.              


The sentiment appealed to me especially at this time since we are having to let go of our sweet and loving Khali Kho.  Quite honestly, it doesn't feel beautiful at all having to do that, but Chronic Kidney Disease is stealing her away at a young 13 years.  She has been a cat in a million, so completely gregarious and enthusiastic about life.


So our journey began when I found her, nearly dead from starvation with a bleeding gash in her neck. A few years later she suddenly suffered tooth resorption and had to have all but two teeth extracted. Through it all, she's stayed happy and outgoing, loving every person she's met. As if that wasn't enough, now she's dying with failing kidneys.  The world isn't going to be the same without her.

UPDATE:  This morning sweet Khali crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
April 4th, 2008 - November 3rd, 2021

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, November 15th, 2021.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

Lemon Shhortbread Challenge #157 - Anything Goes

Crafty Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes

Dare 2 B Artzy October Challenge - Fall

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi ! I find your card is really lovely, all these colors blending together, but I'm also very sad for you for the loss of your dear cat. I can have an idea how you feel as we have 2 dogs at home at the moment. These little pets are so dear and so loved. The sentence on your card is very appropriate too. I hope you'll feel better soon and I will think of you. Anne, from France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is simply dreamy, Heidi. The colours are just amazing. Thank you for sharing with us over on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. We hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sentiment is beautiful Heidi and works so well with your lovely card! That background paper is gorgeous, so I can only imagine how stunning it is IRL! Moving on is difficult. We just lost our 18 year old dog a couple of weeks ago. We still expect her to come when we come home!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That DSP is stunning and works perfectly with yor other elements on your card. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Khali Kho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours look lovely Heidi, such a dreamy looking combination, so sorry too for the loss of your cat companion, sounds as if she left some wonderful memories with you though, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.