Wednesday 1 December 2021

WWC330 - Heidi's Challenge: All About Occasions

Photographing glitter is a royal pain!  My eyes pick up all the  glittery areas and the nuances of colour but neither my camera(s) nor phone can manage the same.  Clearly we have a way to go in attempting to match the human eye.

Why am I so hung up on glitter, you ask.  Well this card is actually all about glitter.  After all, the sentiment says the snow is sparkling like a million suns and my attempt here is to show exactly that. 


With the bright sunshine today and angled slightly, the card does show some of the sparkle.  I decided to have the bird appear to be standing on a snowball using the puffy white snow pen and then covering it with a combination of Shimmery Crystal Effects and a dab of Dazzling Details.  After stamping the sled, sentiment and bird with the StudioLight images, I turned to the Stampin' Up! images for the branches and bunny (stamped, coloured and fussy-cut before adhering it with foam Dimensionals).  The rest is freehand watercolour for my sunrise, snowy fields and shadows.


I plopped the card into one of my plants where the sun hit it directly, hoping to get more of the shine.


But I think there is more shine without the direct rays hitting the card, don't you?  This is an oversized card with a finished size of 6 1/4 inches by 5 inches.  I wanted the additional room to show off the pretty snowflake patterned paper.


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, December 13th, 2021.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scene you've created Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so tricky trying to get a decent photo, especially in Winter. This is such a lovely card Heidi. Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely festive scene.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday. Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely calming little scene Heidi!! So sweet!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.