Wednesday 6 October 2021

WWC326 - Helen's Challenge: All About Occasions

It's October and Fall colours are everywhere!  We're also coming up to celebrating Thanksgiving here in Canada.  What an excellent time to create a Thankful card!


Everything in this card is retired Stampin' Up! product.   Well, except for the watercolour inks.  Those are all from my set of Derwent Watercolour pencils.  Instead of regular cardstock, I created the card itself using a fun Fall Designer paper.  Both sides are absolutely perfect, aren't they?


This is a special fold which opens in the centre and shows off both sides of that wonderful patterned paper.  On the left front, I attached a stitched oval stamped with a combination of images from the Country Home and Pretty Kitty stamp sets.  On the right front, I attached a banner with the sentiment.  When closed, the shapes overlap and "lock" the card in place.


Once opened, the card stands beautifully, displaying the sweet sentiment from the Painted Harvest stamp set.  I think it works perfectly.  I don't give out Thanksgiving cards but a card to thank someone will definitely come in handy and be used.  Don't you just love the finished card?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, October 18th, 2021.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

International Art & Soul Challenge:  #118 Furry Friends

Stamping Sensations: October - Animals, Birds & Bugs

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous fancy fold card Heidi and love how you've used DSP rather than card stock for your card base. Love your colouring on tha cute little kitty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an unusual fold for a pretty Autumnal card, many thanks for joining in with our October theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful card. Thanks for sharing ! Anne, Fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet kitty with bouquet, Heidi, and I love the fancy fold!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to use dp instead of cardstock, it works beautifully on this fancy fold, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful card Heidi! I love the fun fold and that sweet little kitten image for the front panel. Great combination of colours and DP. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.