Wednesday 22 September 2021

WWC325 - Heidi's Challenge: All Things Masculine

 Oh my!  It's a masculine challenge and I'm the host!  Do I ever have a cool card for you to enjoy! 


If you know me, then you know I love cats.  Cats of all kinds.  And even though Tim Holtz stretches his images  of cats to the limits, I love most of them.  They really do reflect what cats appear to be saying in their inimitable way.


I had fun with this card.  I cut out the image with a cute squarish stitched die, leaving little room around it so that the background white cardstock could get some love.  I decided to just use my embossing folder across two corner of the paper.  Then I splattered some Broken China Distress Oxide ink across the paper.  Once that had dried, I used my Silver UniBall pen to fill in the embossed stars.  A quick stamp of the sentiment in black ink, a Smoky Slate matte and the image mounted using foam adhesive strips, and the card was done.  Well, sort of.  After I added some black metallic thread and a black sequin star, it was definitely done.


But I couldn't just leave the inside blank.  It screamed for another one of the Tim Holtz cats and I knew precisely which one I would be using.   It was perfect with the Tim Holtz sentiment, don't you agree?  I added some Broken China Distress Oxide ink to the perimeter and now, truly, the card was done.

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, October 4th, 2021.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

Crafting Happiness Challenges:  Ch#114

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge: C# 166


4 comments:

  1. WHat a fun card Heidi, love the sentiment and the googly eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cheeky cats Heidi! Those sentiments are awesome, such a fun card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card Heidi. Great choice of sentiments to go with the cats. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these stamps Heidi!! Such a super fun card especially with the addition of the googly eyes!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.