Wednesday 11 August 2021

WWC322 - Marsha's Challenge: All About Occasions

I love so many of the images brought out by Penny Black, don't you?  I just got this sweet little acrylic stamp set called ...so tweet.  It could be used  for many different occasions, but I decided to use the sweet image for a thank-you card.


I used the Heavy Whisper White for my base and a piece of Mixed Media paper for my stamping.  I kept it simple, stamping the image with Versafine Onyx Black, adding a couple of blooms from an old set, and then stamping my sentiment using the Versafine Onyx Black as well.  For a change I didn't use my watercolour pencils but, instead, used my Daler-Rowney Aquafine watercolour paints.   I love the softer finish this gave to my images, don't you?


Instead of using a matte which was just slightly larger than the  Mixed Media paper, I chose to cut an eight-sided matte which allowed just portions of the colour to peek out.  It was fun and I like it for this particular card.  It's fun to try something new at times, isn't it?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, August 23rd, 2021.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #152 - Anything Goes

Unicorn Challenge #68 - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. What a precious image! Love how clean and simple the layout is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet birdie pair, Heidi - just love how you colored them!! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
    DT Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful Heidi! I love the soft colouring and as you say PB stamps are wonderful!! Everytime I find a new one, I have to really think hard about whether I really need it!! :) :) Take care!! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.