Wednesday 14 July 2021

WWC320 - Dawn's Challenge: All About Occasions

As you know, I love whimsical stamps.  I also love stamps with little animals, especially mice.  How cute is this new stamp I've gotten from Penny Black with three little mice floating along in tiny little walnut shells?


I decided to make a birthday card.  After all, you should be able to do your own thing on your birthday, right?   With a base of bright Pineapple Punch, I needed a nice bright blue as a matte and this one, in a pretty lacy die-cut, is perfect in Balmy Blue.  

I stamped the images using VersaFine Clair Morning Mist.  I love the softer edge it gives, don't you?  Then I used my Aqua Painter and a variety of stamp pads to watercolour my images.  Since the walnut shells are a pretty Soft Suede, I also used the colour for the sentiments.  It's always about balance, isn't it?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, July 26th, 2021.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #150 - Anything Goes

Penny Black Saturday Challenge PBSC July - Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. More adorable little mice so beautifully coloured Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring on your mice, Heidi - so cute in their little shells! Just love the bright yellow card and the lacy frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Heidi! There is always something special about PB stamps. A beautiful creation! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little mice! Love how you've coloured them and the frame is lovely too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Co cute!
    Thanks so much for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.