Wednesday 30 June 2021

WWC319 - Helen's Challenge: All Things Feminine

It's wonderful when one can use some fabulous Designer Paper, a brand new intricate die set and a terrific new stamp set on a card.  


This Pressed Petals Specialty Designer Series paper was so fabulous that I decided not to have a sentiment on the front of my card.  I love the way the photographed flowers actually appear to be on top of the paper rather than just being a design.  I feel as if I could reach out and pick them up.  This part of the card was simple to make.  I used a base of the Heavy Whisper White, added a matte of Crumb Cake and then adhered the piece of patterned paper.


And then we get to the inside of the card.  I was excited to use Karen Burniston's Photo Collage dies for the first time.  First I adhered some patterned paper  to each side of the inside.  Then I used the die on a piece of heavyweight Mixed Media paper.  In Karen's video, she suggested using a very heavy paper since the pieces of this photo collage move each time the card is opened or closed.  Once I  assembled the die cuts and adhered them to the centre of the card, I was ready to add some fun sentiments from Penny Black's "Choose Happy" stamp set.  I also added some fussy-cut butterflies since they complimented the floral paper so nicely.


You can just tell from this photo of my hand and the card, how they mechanism pulls the pieces inside the card as you close it and then has them "explode" out as you open the card.  I love the effect and hope the recipient gets just as much of a kick out of it as I did.  Don't you just love it?


 Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, July 12th, 2021.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #149 - Anything Goes

AAA Birthday Card Challenges #26 - Flowers

Dream Valley Challenges #251 - All Occasions

7 comments:

  1. That DSP is awesoe with it's 3D effect and I love the pop inside the card - clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, so stunning! Thanks so much for playing at AAA Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amaing DP Heidi! A wonderful card with the pop ups inside!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever design and the designer paper is gorgeous, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your card with that mechanism. It is very unusual, it's the first time I see such a card. In your comments, you mention "Karen's video" explaining how to make that sort of card. Could you give me the link please ? There is also one other thing I would like to ask you. On Wednesday, 2 June 2021, you made a 3 color card with 3 musicians in squares or rectangles and I am very fond of that card also : WWC317 - Heidi's Challenge: All Things Masculine . Could you please give me the names and references of the musicians dies and also of the shape die ? I would love to try and work with them too ! And thanks for all those cards you make and share with us. Anne from France

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne. For Karen's video, this is the UTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=738hQOc3FJ0
      The die-cut silhouette of the musicians for WWC317 is by Paper Discovery and I think it's called Lost in Music. Part of my package was torn when I opened it and I think those are the words.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for all those details Heidi ! It's so kind of you. Anne

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.