Wednesday 5 May 2021

WWC315 - Marsha's Challenge: All Things Feminine

 It's been a month since I used one of my House Mouse stamps and I swear I'm suffering from withdrawal.  So, of course, I had to use one today.   This card was such fun to make, deciding on a sentiment and having everything fit into a slimline card.


Just because I knew I wanted to use a House Mouse image, I checked out the HM&FMC to see what their option was for the current challenge.   And the option was for a slimline card.  That took a lot of pressure off.  For you crafters out there, you know how sometimes it takes a while to get going, thinking about all the styles of cards one can create.  Knowing I was going to make a slimline card and having already picked out my image, I felt like a huge weight was lifted and was able to get right down to creating instead of  thinking and overthinking, turning the whole thing into an ordeal.

I used a base of Whisper White and was able to use a fun set of slimline dies which I just acquired.  The set let me cut out the lovely scalloped Melon Mambo layer, the stitched white layer, and the skinny piece onto which I stamped my image and the sentiment.  Way to get the ball rolling!   


After stamping Amanda mouse, I used my Spun Sugar and Faded Jeans Oxide Inks to make the sky.  Then I watercoloured her cute image using my Derwent watercolour pencils and Aqua Painter.  To ground her, I added some grass and watercoloured the area in a variety of earthy colours.  When everything had dried, I assembled the card and felt that something was missing.


So I grabbed my Shimmery Crystal Effects and added three "dew drops" to the flower petals.  Finally it looked right and finished.  I love the way it turned out, don't you?

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, May  17th, 2021.

 
I've also entered my card in the following challenges:



5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love how you colored the flower. The saying goes great with this image. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Heidi :-) the image is adorable and I love the sentiment and slimline design :-)

    So glad our theme gave you a little prompt and helped ;-) I do that too, check out challenges for inspiration, and it does help a lot! :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautifully colored. A lovely card. Thank you for joining us. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image Heidi, yes the dew drops on the flower are perfect! and I love the sentiment, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little mouse is soooo cute Heidi! What a super fun card!! Stay safe! :0

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.