Wednesday 7 April 2021

WWC313 - Tristan's Challenge: All Things Masculine

Oh my!  I discovered a Canadian stamp company and am the proud owner of one of their stamp/die sets.  It's called Beaver & Hockey, both of which epitomize what the world considers as Canadian.  


I had a few different ideas for this set, which included a bookmark, but finally decided on a tag attached to a card.  Wouldn't the tag, by itself, be perfect attached to a present for the hockey player in your life?  But attached to the card, it's looks pretty perfect anyway, doesn't it?

I used a base cardstock of Soft Suede followed by a plain layer of Pacific Point and, finally, a layer of Whisper White put through the Big Shot with a star embossing folder.  I stamped the cute little beaver and the smiling puck onto a piece of Whisper White and coloured the images using my Derwent Watercolour pencils as well as an Aqua Painter.  


I used a fun stitched tag die to cut the tag from a piece of Soft Suede and tied a piece of blue ribbon at the top.  Then I heat embossed the top sentiment and complimentary bottom sentiment using white embossing powder.  After using foam dimensionals to attach the tag to the card, I added the smiling puck and hockey beaver to the tag, also using foam dimensionals.  The result is a fun card that would appeal to both young and old(er) hockey fans.


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, April 19th, 2021.


I'm also entering my card in the following challenges: 

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Layer It (many layers in this card)



8 comments:

  1. He he he - love that sentiment. Such a cute fun card and lovely colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little guy is sooooo damn cute!
    Love this make hun

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Happy Little Stampers Water Colouring' this month
    Stay Safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Perfect card for a hockey player!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our "new to your stash" challenge over at CARDZ 4 GUYZ!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! Love this fun card and sentiment, Heidi!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I almost spat my coffee out when I saw this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun card, love the sentiment, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful fun card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.