Wednesday 24 March 2021

WWC312 - Helen's Challenge: All About Occasions

I was thrilled to discover that my card was chosen as one of the Top Three winners for the challenge.


We're having an early Spring this year.  Naturally those stamps which I have that suggest Spring and Robins and blossoms jump out at me and beg to be used.  This adorable House-Mouse scene by Ellen Jareckie is perfect for the way I'm feeling.


I used a base of the Heavy Whisper White cardstock and then added a Pear Pizzaz matte with a shorter and wider striped matte underneath.  I love that the  colours reflect the colours which I've used in watercolouring the scene, don't you?  Most of the colours are from my Derwent watercolour pencils but the bare wood fence as well as the background sky are from my Stampin' Up! stamp pads.  The Gray Granite was perfect for the look of the weathered wood and, of course, the Balmy Blue was perfect for the sky.


I simply love the look on this little mouse's face as he looks up at the offered worms and grubs and points to his friends, suggesting they are hungry rather than himself.  On the stamp it appears as if the Robin has a fly or other winged insect in its beak but I thought grubs and worms would be more effective.  First of all, they are slimier looking and second of all, they are easier to identify in the picture.  It wasn't difficult to take one of my permanent journaling pens and create the changes I wanted.  As usual I finished up by adding a touch of the Nuvo Aqua shimmer.  I think it's perfect on the buds and flowers, don't you?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, April 5th, 2021.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

House-Mouse Challenge (HM&FMC #336) -Anything Goes with an Option of Bugs

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Whatever the weather

Lemon Shortbread #142 - Always Anything Goes

Inkspirational Challenge #235 - Fur/Feathers

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE your coloring on this card. I can never get my House Mouse stamps to look as good as yours. This is just darling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nora. I have a love affair going with these adorable stamps. Colouring them is pure delight (and therapy).

      Delete
  2. Super cute card Heidi :-) the image is so sweet and I love the colours and your colouring! the little strips of striped paper are a perfect finishing touch too, very lovely :-)

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring on your sweet scene! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cute image stunning colouring great card.
    Thanks for sharing with us @ HMFMC good luck

    Smiles Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, wonderful card, I love this image, of course I love them all. You have colored this little fun scene beautifully and the colors are so pretty and bold! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely a meal worm and a grub. We love to feed the birds. You're right about the House Mouse passing on such an appealing snack. I'd cover my mouth too and say I wasn't quite that hungry yet. It's such a fun image. You've watercolored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge.{Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a "springy" card. Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win Heidi, this card is amazing! Beautifuly coloured and so much detail in the adorable scene, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet, Heidi! Well done having your lovely card selected in the Top 3! Stay safe and happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.