Wednesday 10 March 2021

WWC311 - Kath's Challenge: All Things Feminine

I'm enjoying the early Spring we're experiencing at the moment.  Yes, I know as far north as I live, actual Spring weather normally comes sometime in April if we're lucky.  Most likely there will be another snow storm, more cold weather, and just the memories of this warm spell to sustain me.  But for now, it's lovely and so I had to find an image which reflected my mood.  This House-Mouse image by Ellen Jareckie comes close.


I used a base of Heavy Whisper White followed by a matte of Balmy Blue cardstock.  My image is stamped on a piece of Watercolour paper using the VersaFine "Morning Mist".  I love the lighter grey because it leaves the watercoloured images showing off without much in the way of intrusive lines.


I used my Derwent InkTense Watercolour pencils for the images and then used my AquaPainter and Balmy Blue stamp pad to watercolour the background.  I love the results, don't you?   If you look closely, you'll see a bit of sparkle on the butterfly's wings as well as in the centre of the wide open flower.  For that I used the Nuvo Aqua Shimmer.  I love that stuff!


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, March 22nd, 2021.

I'm also entering my card in the following challenges:

 Lemon Shortbread Challenge #141 - Anything Goes

HMFMC #335 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Use Something Green (used green watercolour pencils)

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous job you did of coloring this image. It's a cute card and I love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse and Friends Monday challenge.{Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sweetly coloured card Heidi and your sentiment is perfect! I have Housemice stamps. I really must start using more of them! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pretty card! You did a great job coloring. Thanks for sharing at HMFMC. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that little mouse! Such a sweet Spring scene, your card made me smile! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous is this!! these new mousie images are so cute aren't they and you coloured up this one beautifully! LOVE it!! 🦋

    Thanks for joining us on the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL - almost missed the mouse getting a ride, I was so enamored of the butterfly, Heidi!! Gorgeous coloring on that lovely scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That mouse looks like he's having so much fun flying over those beautifully coloured flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sentiment, Heidi!! Love this sweet HM image with that little mouse flying above those wonderful bright flowers!! Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.