Wednesday 14 October 2020

WWC293 Tristan's Challenge: All About Occasions

Well, I'm a couple of days late with my occasion.  Our Canadian Thanksgiving was on Monday, October 12th, after all.  But let's face it, we should be thinking of giving thanks every day, right?  So I'm really not out of sync.  (What happens to be out of sync at the moment is my weather.  We're barely into Fall and it is snowing steadily outside.)


I've used a lot of retired Stampin' Up! products for this card.  The wheelbarrow full of pumpkins is from the Pleasant Pheasants set as is the sentiment.  The leaves, on the other hand, are the dies from the Colorful Seasons bundle.  After stamping the image and sentiment, I used the tiny maple leaf die to cut out three leaves along the left hand border, each in a different  position. 

I decided to use a strip of retired Specialty Designer paper under those die cuts.  This piece from the Mosaic Mood papers was perfect, with the gorgeous, warm Fall colours.  I didn't, however, like the squares which were white and so, before adhering the strip under the die cuts, I coloured them using the light Old Olive Stampin' Blends.  I think the results really work well for those leaves, don't you?

I watercoloured the wheelbarrow and pumpkins using my Derwent watercolour pencils and Aqua Painter.  Then I used a larger, flat brush and my Oxides to add the ground and sky. 

They may all be retired images, but they certainly work well for my Thanksgiving card, don't they?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, October 19th.   

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:



6 comments:

  1. Well you did dig into your stash to make the card, the image is beautifully coloured and love the maple leaves on the side. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Happy Fall Y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Autumn colours Heidi. I know what you mean with the weaterh - we're in Spring here but some days it feels like its back to Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Heidi. I do love those leaves. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great Autumn card, Heidi! It's very warm and sunny here and much more Summer than Spring! Take care and keep warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous trio of leaves as your border for that lovely wheelbarrow image! Sorry you're getting so much snow - we've just have some dustings in central Minnesota... Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful and very original car, loving your leaves, so clever. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.