Wednesday 27 May 2020

WWC273 - Marsha's Challenge: All About Occasions

I love Stampendous Stamps.  Not only does the company make those wonderful House Mouse stamps which I adore, but it also makes some wonderful stamps for all sorts of occasions.  This one, called Little Mushroom Cling Set, is one which really speaks to my heart.


I love these images so much that I decided to make this a single layer card.  I simply didn't want a matte or secondary colours to take any attention away from the stamping.

After stamping the images and the sentiment in black, I traced a circle around part of the mushroom image and butterfly image using one of my blue watercolour pencils.  Then I proceeded to use my Derwent Watercolour Pencils to colours all the images.  Once that was done, I used my Aqua Painter to "magically" turn the pencilled-in colours to watercolour.  I love the control that the pencils afford me.

Then I used the same blue pencil with which I traced the circle to fill it in.  After that I used the Aqua Painter to give it the watercolour finish.  It took a while for everything to fully dry, but once it had I took my Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen in a clear Glitter Gloss and covered the blue completely.  While that dried, I used my White Inkssentials Enamel Accents to add a bit of dimension to the white on the butterfly's wings.


This close-up shows off the glitter as well as the pretty white enamel accents quite well.  I love the final effects and hope you do, too.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, June 1st.


I've also entered this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #257 - Butterflies

Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog - We're Going Around in Circles

Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #391 - Anything Goes

Arty Divas Challenge #22 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Stunning! I love the blue circle and how it makes the perfect backdrop for your mushroom and butterfly. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one Heidi! A lovely image! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super card. Thank you for joining in the butterfly challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, your mushroom card is gorgeous! Your watercolor pencils are perfect for your design.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.