Wednesday 13 May 2020

WWC271 - Kath's Challenge: All About Occasions

So often, in conjunction with an Occasion, I need a "thank-you" card.  Surprisingly I don't make those often enough to satisfy the need for them.  Lately I've been trying to make them more frequently.  This time I turned to the lovely Free As a Bird stamp set and the stunning Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series paper.


My base is the Heavy Whisper White cardstock.  I added a matte of Garden Green and Whisper White and then a piece of the beautiful Mosaic Mood DSP.  That patterned paper really must be seen in person to be appreciated since it looks as if it has been heat embossed with all those leaves.

I stamped the single bird image from the set onto a piece of Mixed Media paper and then added some background by hand.  After the inks had fully dried, I watercoloured the bird and background using a combination of Stampin' Up! and Derwent watercolour pencils and my Aqua Painter.  I cut that image out with one of my circle dies and then added a matte of Garden Green.


I had such fun creating this card and hope you love it as much as I do.   Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, May 18th.



I've also entered the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #119 - Anything Goes

Crafting Happiness Challenge #48 - Anything Goes (Optional Nature)

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Birds, Bees, Butterflies

4 comments:

  1. Perfectly matched DSP for your beautifully coloured bird Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, and you used one of my favorite stamps! Love it!! Thank you for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH so pretty Heidi!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous DP, Heidi, makes the perfect background for that sweet little bird! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.