Tuesday 5 May 2020

It's all Vintage for Challenge #244 at Cardz 4 Guyz

It's my turn to pick the theme for this fortnight's challenge and I decided on Vintage.  Challenge #244, therefore, is Vintage,  and I will also be picking the winner.

Please check out the  challenge for details and also to see the wonderful samples by our Design Team.



I had all sorts of ideas for my Vintage theme.  One of my older stamp sets includes a gorgeous   old-fashioned camera which I wanted to use and just let that stew in the back of my brain for a week or two.  I do some of my best creating by leaving my sub-conscious at work while going along with other things in life.  The final  result turned out quite well, I think.

My base is a heavyweight vanilla coloured cardstock on top of which I've added a matte of Early Espresso which I first made ragged along the edges with my distressing tools.  I had kept some old, retired newsprint patterned paper which I distressed along the edges by simply tearing it.  To give it some real age, I dampened it, sponged spots of Crumb Cake ink onto it and then crumpled it tightly.  After about fifteen minutes or so I straightened it as well as I could but it retained a real old, discarded look which I had wanted. 

 For the "vintage" photos which I had resolved to add to the card, I chose a couple of stamps, one of sailboats and the other of some grazing elk, and  off-stamped once before stamping the images on glossy cardstock using Versafine Toffee ink.  

After stamping the old camera using Black ink, I fussy cut the image and then mounted it on a piece of  Kraft cardstock, cut out with a square stitched die.  Then I stamped my sentiment on a smaller piece of Kraft cardstock, cut out with a small rectangular stitched die.  To finish, I added some frayed burlap and a couple of old-fashioned buttons.

I look forward to seeing what you do with my "Vintage" theme.  Have fun with our challenge, which closes on Monday, May 18th.

1 comment:

  1. Love the scene you've created for this, love the tearing of the paper, such an awesome element on the card!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.