Wednesday 6 November 2019

WWC246 - Tristan's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge

Baby, it's cold outside.  There's a lot of snow out there, too.  So I'm definitely thinking of winter and wintry things as I sit wondering what to do for our Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge.  For some reason the Playful Penguins stamp set keeps coming to mind.  So I'm thinking that there's no reason a penguin can't be feminine, right?


Look at that pink and gold scarf and toque.  Doesn't that just scream "lady penguin" to you?  And the sentiment worked out so well, too.

I began with a base of Heavy Whisper White and then added two thin mattes.  First I added Pool Party and then I added Lovely Lipstick.  The background Designer Paper is retired but I loved the "swirling" snow drifts and flakes.  What a perfect environment for those penguins!

I stamped the penguins onto a piece of Whisper White and then fussy cut them.  After colouring them with my Stampin' Blends, I attached them to the front of the card.  Then I cut out three snowflakes using the Seasonal Layers dies.  Although I just used scraps of Whisper White for those snowflakes, they have a wonderful sheen to them since I painted them with the Frost White Shimmer Paint.  I also added some of that Shimmer Paint to the snow drifts that the penguins are standing on to anchor them.


For the inside of the card, I just added some snowflakes stamped with Pool Party ink and a perfect sentiment from the same stamp set.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Lemon Shortbread Challenge #106 - Anything Goes

Dragonfly Dreams Challenges - Winter/Christmas

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #366 - Anything Goes

Crafting by Designs: November Challenge - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. Super fun, Heidi! Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and the scarf is fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.