Wednesday 27 November 2019

WWC249 - Karen's "All About Occasions" Challenge

Early this year I came across a delightful Art Impressions stamp set called "Full of Thanks".  It was perfect for Thanksgiving and so I put it aside.  Miraculously I'm actually using it for a Thanksgiving card as planned.  (I don't know about you, but my plans frequently go wonky).  Of course the star of every Thanksgiving is the turkey and for my family, it's all about the dressing.


I decided to concentrate on another definition of the verb "to dress".  Isn't he a handsome young bird?  The colours I've used are all taken from the gorgeous Designer Paper in the background.  I think Stampin' Up! brought it out at least eight or nine years ago (yes, it's retired) and I finally decided to raid my stash.  Hoarding paper is something I don't seem to be able to stop doing.

My base is the Heavy Very Vanilla followed by a layer of plain Designer Paper and then the layer of cross-stitch Designer Paper.  Vertically to the right I've added a strip of Designer Paper featuring corn cobs in a variety of wonderful colours, with a matte of Soft Suede behind it.  My wonderful turkey image is attached with Dimensionals, on a matte of Cajun Craze.

The sentiment says it all!  I love it and hope you do, too.



I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges: 


Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge #409 - So Thankful

Cutie Pie Challenge #141 - Add an Animal

Get Creative Challenges #86 - Last Challenge of the Year AG with a Holiday Twist

Art Impressions Challenge #271 - Anything Goes

Dare2bartzy Challenge - November - Thankful

1 comment:

  1. oh how i looooooove that awesome, and dapperly "dressed" turkey! lovely card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.