Wednesday 30 October 2019

WWC245 - Anything Goes Challenge

Oh my goodness!  It's time for one of our awesome "Anything Goes" Challenges.  Just for fun I decided to used the sweet Magnolia Blooms stamp set for a fancy fold.  The Magnolia Blooms set is the "baby sister" to the much larger Good Morning Magnolia stamp set.  It doesn't come with a die set but for my purposes, it's gorgeous (and much, much more reasonably priced).


I used the Heavy Whisper White for my base, added a layer of Highland Heather and another of Purple Posy.  Then I took a piece of Whisper White and embossed the centre using the gorgeous oval from the Heirloom Frames 3D embossing folders set.  I love the depth of embossing as well as the dainty "engraving" that covers the oval.  Finally, I cut a piece of Purple Posy cardstock using my oval stitched die.  On that, I stamped the large magnolia image from the Magnolia Blooms set, using the Gray Granite ink.

I coloured the leaves and the outer portion of the petals with the White Stampin' Chalk Marker.  Once the leaves dried, I coloured them using my Mossy Meadow Stampin' Marker.  For the petals, I added another two layers of the Chalk Marker to achieve as solid white a colour as possible.  Leaving the inner portion of the petals the original colour of the Purple Posy cardstock worked out well for this image.  Finally, for the centre of the flower, I used my gold Nuvo Crystal Drops.


For the inside of the card I cut a piece of Purple Posy cardstock using a stitched rectangle die.  Then I added an outline of the Stitched Nested Labels dies in Mossy Meadow cardstock.  Finally I added a Whisper White stitched rectangle with the sentiment stamped using Purple Posy ink.


I love how beautifully the easel card stands, don't you?


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've entered my card into the following challenges:


Lemon Shortbread Challenge #105 - Anything Goes

Get Creative Challenges #85 - Anything Goes

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #116 - Anything Goes

1 comment:

  1. Great card. Haven't used this kit yet, so really appreciate your sharing this idea.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.