Wednesday 20 February 2019

WWC209 - Marsha's Masculine "Anything Goes" Challenge

What fun!  This week's challenge, hosted by Marsha Reed, is our Masculine challenge.  Better still, it's an "anything goes" challenge.  And there is one bundle in particular from the Stampin' Up! Occasions catalogue, which is perfect for this challenge.  Wait till you see what I did with the Classic Garage Suite.


I took the colour inspiration from the gorgeous Classic Garage Designer Series paper.  That led to a base of Basic Black, a layer of Tranquil Tide and a layer of Crushed Curry, all colours in that wonderful designer paper which is the next layer.  Don't those tire tracks in all those colours look amazing?

Among the designs in the paper stack, there is a page all in black and white, featuring classic cars.  I fussy cut the one featured for this card and used Dimensionals to attach it to a strip of prepared Crushed Curry cardstock.  How did I prepare it?  First I stamped it with the "oil spill" image from the Geared Up Garage stamp set using Gray Granite ink.  Then I sprayed it liberally with water and scrunched it tightly into a sort of ball, squeezing the cardstock tightly.  After a few moments, I straightened it and put it under some weight to dry.  I love the rumpled, worn finish, don't you?


While that was drying, I cut a bunch of gears out of the Galvanized Metallic paper which is, unfortunately retired.  I love the dull metallic look to that paper, don't you?  I glued the gears randomly and then attached the strip of "beat up" Crushed Curry, matted by a piece of Basic Black.  I saved one gear to attach to the top right corner.   Then I heat embossed my sentiment using Black Embossing Powder on a scrap of Vellum.  Once that was cold, I glued that just under the gear.


For the inside of the card I merely added a piece of Whisper White and then stamped the tire tracks from the One Wild Ride set using Smoky Slate ink and added the sentiment which is also from the same stamp set.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've also entered this creation in the following challenges:


The Cutie Pie Challenge #132 - One for the boys 

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Things With Wheels

The Corrosive Challenge Blog #2 February - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Love the dimension from the crumpled up strip and the worn finish sure does look grungy. Wonderful masculine card and such a fabulous design x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love it!
    Thanks for joining us!
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you've done with this suite of SU products Heidi especially adding extra touches to the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful masculine card, the car is amazing and love the gears and tire tracks.Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I've got the paper you've used but I'm leaning towards the rest of the products too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.