Wednesday 27 February 2019

WWC210 - Heidi's "All About Occasions" Challenge

Oh, I love special occasions, don't you?  For this challenge, I decided to use that adorable Sale-a-bration So Hoppy Together stamp set and the new framelits that compliment it.  How perfect for a special birthday!


I decided to use Basic Gray cardstock as my base and then added a layer of Crushed Curry before adding the stamped Whisper White layer.  I stamped the unicycle slightly crookedly since I intended to have my frog counterbalance by standing on the seat on one leg.  Yes, this is a very daring frog!  I used the framelit die to cut out the frog image and then coloured it and attached it using Dimensionals for a 3-D look.  Above the frog, I added two mosquitoes (flies?) which I had stamped and cut out using the framelit die.

I wasn't entirely certain when I began the card, whether I would have the unicycle balanced on a lilypad or on a tightrope.  In the end I chose the tightrope, to add to his daring feat.  I think the green retired thick baker's twine is perfect, don't you?

Since the front of my birthday card is relatively simple, I decided to add a little special something to the inside.  what could be better than a little pop-up scene?  For that I combined a number of products including the So Hoppy Together bundle.


The grasses in the centre are die-cut using the Catch of the Day thinlits dies.  The little frogs and lily pad are from the So Hoppy Together bundle and those cute balloons were cut with the Balloon Bouquet Punch.


I hope you'll check out the wonderful creations by the Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

I've also entered this creation in the following challenges:


The Cutie Pie Challenge #132 - One for the boys

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Such cute and fun card Heidi - I love these little frogs - you've coloured them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! I love the pop-up inside and the how you used the twine on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful and creative little scene you've created and what a fun and fabulous card and wow to the inside too x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Heidi! It's so cute and the design is fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab card - I've just bought the dies for this set to go with my stamps!

    Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.