Wednesday 28 November 2018

WWC198 - Gail's "All About Holidays" Challenge


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love those adorable little "House Mouse" critters!  Small wonder that I chose to use this adorable stamp for Gail's "All About Holidays" challenge this week.


Don't you just love that image?  This one is a large stamp called Carousel Ornament, starring the adorable little Monica Mouse.  I love the amount of detail in this stamp!  Because the horse is a Christmas tree ornament, after colouring it using my Watercolour Pencils I added quite a bit of shine.  On the horse's body I added some of the Frost White shimmer ink and on the tail, hoofs and mane, I added some Champagne Mist shimmer ink.  I also added some silver to the pole and the harness using a silver pen.

Although the stamp itself has lots of greenery at the top and right of the image, I decided to add a bit of dimension by cutting several pine twigs from Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  Once they were cut, I added Soft Suede along the centre to make it appear woody and then added some Granny Apple Green to a few of the needles for added interest.  Glued on top of the stamped twigs, you can still see the stamped image but there is a sense of depth to the image.

Since I absolutely love the Silver Foil-Edged cards and envelopes available in the Holiday Catalogue, I cut the image panel to size, allowing for a narrow matte of Poppy Parade.  A tiny sentiment from the Wishing You Well set (also in the Holiday Catalogue), finishes the card off nicely.


I hope you'll check out the awesome creations by the other Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

I've also entered this creation in the following challenges:

House-Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #280 - Anything Goes

Mod Squad Challenge - Happy H-Owlidays (Use a Critter)

Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge #208 - Christmas Critters

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute mouse and I love the foliage. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this image! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi your card is wonderful. Love this sweet image and you have colored it up beautifully. Thanks for playing along with us and sharing your card.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful and sweet Heidi

    Thank you for playing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
    Goodluck and hope we see you again.

    Gr Karin DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute mousey card, love this sweet image , great colouring,

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & friends Mon chall.

    mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card with a lovely stamp, Heidi. Thank you for joining in our challenge theme of Something warm/Anything goes , current challenge and good luck in the draw.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your mousey win plz hop over to the winners post for details of your prize & contact us. .super sweet mousey card

    Mousey hugs Christine xxx

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.