Wednesday 7 November 2018

WWC195 - Charlotte's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge


Oh, I love our Feminine challenges, don't you?  It's such fun to figure out what to make and to try new things.  After all, cards don't have to be frilly or full of flowers to be feminine.  They can be clean and simple, like my card:


First let me say that I am madly in love with the sweet House Mouse images.  I am amazed at the detail in Ellen Jareckie's little mice.  For this card I used the Strawberry Wish stamp which is a 2015 release.  I loved the image so much that I didn't want any clutter to take away from it.  Colouring sweet little "Mudpie" and that lovely strawberry was pure pleasure.  I used my watercolour pencils and AquaPainter.  To finish, I added just a bit of shadow around the bottom using my Smoky Slate ink and AquaPainter.

For my sentiment I wanted something simple but feminine.  The beautiful script in the sentiment from the Happy Little Stampers Dandelion Wishes stamp set was perfect and so I stamped it in black.  I mounted the image onto a narrow black matte and then onto a base of the Heavy Whisper White.  And I love it!

I hope you'll check out the awesome creations by the other Watercooler Artists over at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

I've also entered this creation in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #80 - Anything Goes

Retro Rubber Challenge #99 - Anything Goes

House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge #278 - Anything Goes

Crafty Creations Challenge #377 - Anything Goes


10 comments:

  1. I adore this House Mouse stamp set. You did a wonderful job coloring it. Thank you for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun sweet card and one that anyone would like to receive in their mailbox! The watercolor pencils are perfect for this CAS card. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute...adorable image and you've colored it perfectly! I have some HM stamps and I haven't inked them up for a long time! I think I should remedy that! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of the House Mouse critters, they're always doing something sweet and adorable like in your beautiful card. Love this image and your fabulous coloring.
    Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, Heidi, what a sweet CAS style card. You have colored up the image beautifully too. Thanks for sharing it with us and joining the fun at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this super fresh CAS mousey card, lovely colouring.

    Thanks for sharing with us @ House Mouse & Friends mon chall.

    mousey hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your detailed colouring is fantastic on this adorable image, Heidi ... right down to the reflection of the candle flame in the strawberry ... awesome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just too cute for words. I love all the details in these stamps too and you have really made it pop by keeping your card so CAS. Thanks for joining us over at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! House mouse stamps are my favorite! Thanks for sharing with Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.