Wednesday 24 October 2018

WWC193 - Tristan's "All About Holidays" Challenge

Oh, I love making Holiday cards, don't you?  And this week it's Tristan's "All About Holiday" challenge.  A great time to try out one of the new sets from this year's Holiday Catalogue.


I've been looking forward to using the awesome new Alpine Adventure bundle.  The stamps and Thinlit dies are so perfect for anyone who love the great white outdoors in the winter.  I decided to use the sled this time.  Instead of stamping it, I chose to die-cut it twice.  The first time I cut it from a piece of Real Red cardstock and the second time I cut it from a piece of the beautiful Wood Textures Designer Series paper.  Once I had both die-cuts, I cut the Wood Textures one apart carefully and glued some of the pieces onto the Real Red one, making a wood-topped sled with a painted red metal frame.  Awesome, right?

For my background I took a piece of the Stampin' Up! watercolor paper and scattered a few of the Prussian Blue Brusho crystals onto it.  After spritzing the crystals with some water, I took a broad brush and spread the blue over more of the paper.  Once that dried, I took the evergreen tree stamps from the Rooted in Nature set and stamped several images in the lower portion using Mossy Meadow.  I continued to stamp some more images using only the remaining ink and creating a distant look as the colour faded.  Then I took two narrow pieces of Whisper White cardstock and tore each on the long side in an undulating pattern to emulate snow drifts.  After lightly sponging the torn edge, I glued one down, then the sled at an angle, and then, finally, glued the second one down.

To finish I stamped the sentiment on the lower "snow drift" using Pacific Point ink.  I used a Pacific Point matte for the finished image panel and then adhered the whole on one of the gorgeous Silver Foil edged cards available in the Holiday Catalogue.  Then, in a random pattern,  I glued on five snowflakes cut from Silver Foil with the Seasonal Layers thinlit dies.  With a rhinestone in the centre of each snowflake, my card was complete.



I hope you'll check out the awesome creations by our other Watercooler Artists at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge blog.

1 comment:

  1. Holiday cards are my favorite & your winter scene is beautiful! Love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.