Tuesday 23 October 2018

Addicted to Stamps & More #315 - Photo Inspiration

What I love about photo inspirations is that there are so many possibilities.  You can look at the photos in the Inspiration Collage and some of the images may inspire you and that's the way you go.  Or you can do as I did, which was to take the colours in those images for inspiration and create a card based on that.


Several colours in the collage "spoke" to me.  I love the repetition of light greys as well as the lovely yellows.  Several other colours insisted on being noticed as well.  The pretty pink, the bluish green and the spot or two of orange were impossible to ignore once they caught my attention.  And so I used those colours to create my card.  The soft Smoky Slate of the card base is also the colour on which I stamped the image.  I watercoloured the image using Daffodil Delight, Pineapple Punch, Pumpkin Pie, Mango Melody, Rich Razzleberry, Mint Macaron, Pear Pizzazz and Smoky Slate.  A lot of colours, to be sure, but then there are a lot of colours in the photo inspiration.

I used the Tailored Tag punch for my sentiment, layering Basic Black, Pineapple Punch and Smoky Slate.  The flowers shimmer in real life because I've touched them with Wink of Stella here and there.  If only such things showed up as well in photos as in real life.



Check out the awesome creations by the rest of the Design Team and link up your card HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors in your card. Accented Blooms is a favorite set of mine, and your coloring is inspired. The pineapple punch between the layers of your sentiment tag just makes it pop! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.