Monday 19 September 2016

Wow! The new Cable Knit embossing folder...

You'll see on the package of the new Cable Knit embossing folder that it is considered a "Dynamic" folder.  I read the word but it really didn't mean much to me.  In the Holiday Catalogue it merely said that "our new Dynamic folders create deep, dimensional  embossed impressions".  It did not say what was obvious to me as I held it when my order came in, that it was three times as heavy as any embossing folder I own.  And thick!  Yes, this embossing folder is THICK!

I've been using embossing folders for quite a number of years now and so I don't read the packaging.  You've used one embossing folder, you've used them all.  NOT!  I suspected strongly that this embossing folder would not go through my Big Shot with the normal "sandwich" of platform, cutting pad, embossing folder with paper, cutting pad.  This Dynamic embossing folder looked to be as thick as one of my cutting plates.  I held it up against one just to test my theory.  It was thicker.  Actually it was approximately as thick as my cutting plate plus a normal embossing folder.  So I tested my theory one step further and ran the folder through my Big Shot with only one cutting plate, the Dynamic embossing folder holding paper, and the platform.  And it embossed the paper.

So I did something that I hadn't done in years.  I read the packaging for this Dynamic embossing folder.  And it told me to do exactly what I had just done.

Well, I had this embossed piece of cardstock.  That just didn't seem right.  I had to use it for something.  It had been a while since I made a card simply for pleasure without the pressure of a challenge or a blog hop.  So I did just that.  I made a card simply for pleasure, just because I had a piece of cardstock which I had just embossed.  With no plan in mind, I proceeded to go where inspiration might take me.

The result?  I may just have people make this at my next workshop or crop.  And to top it off, I had so much fun.


Stamp set:  Sweet Home
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Wasabi Green, Real Red, Baked Brown Sugar, Silver Foil
Inks:  Real Red, Almost Artichoke, Chocolate Chip, Baked Brown Sugar
Tools:  Cable Knit Dynamic embossing folder, Home Sweet Home Thinlits dies, Pretty Pines Thinlits Dies, Banners Framelits, Delicate Ornaments Thinlits (hook)

Yes, I admit that I used the retired Baked Brown Sugar cardstock and ink but this was just for fun and I happen to love that colour, especially for gingerbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.