For the image which I decided to use, I had to turn the sketch on its side but that's one of the things I love about sketch challenges. As long as the sketch is recognizable, it can be turned any which way. I used the Heavy Whisper White as my base and then added a layer of Garden Green cardstock. For my next layer I turned to the Shimmery White specialty cardstock since I love the results of watercolouring on that paper.
I stamped the image of the two cardinals on the paper using my archival inks and then proceeded to use my AquaPainter to add colour. For the cardinals I used the Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze and Basic Black inks. For the holly, I used a combination of Garden Green, Almost Artichoke, Crisp Cucumber, Watermelon Wonder and Cajun Craze inks. And then I added a wash of Marina Mist for my background. The sentiment (which was harder to decide on than anything else) came from my new Star of Light set.
After I added a couple of rhinestones and drew a few tiny holly clusters, the card was done.