Wednesday 14 September 2016

PCC211 - Hello Fall

This is my last post as a member of the Paper Craft Crew design team.  Life has just become so crazy that something had to go.  Sadly it was this challenge.  But I've been with this team for over 20 months and perhaps it's time to leave the door open behind me for someone fresh to walk in and take my place.

I had a lot of fun with this week's challenge.  Since the weather in this area is getting a bit nippy and some trees are already changing colour, I decided to say hello to Fall even though, technically, it shouldn't be here for another week or so.


I decided to use the Woodland embossing folder for the background of this card.  Before I embossed it, however, I took my retired En Francais background stamp and stamped the inside of the embossing folder.  What did that do?  If you look closely, you will see the script stamped using Peekaboo Peach ink behind the trees.  How did I make the embossed trees stand out so nicely?  I softly sponged them using Basic Grey ink.

As for the rest, it's a mix and match of a whole bunch of products that I had lying around.  Did I mention that I'm cleaning out and sorting out my crafting room?  At the moment it's very, very confusing in here and difficult to find space in which to work, but it's coming.  I can see a glimmer where I'm sure the end of this long, dark tunnel is located.  And then?  Then I'll have a crafting room of which to be proud and also I'll be able to work in here so much more easily.


If you've enjoyed my cards as a design team member, come back to the Paper Craft Crew Challenges where I'm sure I'll be returning to create and link up my cards frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.