Wednesday 4 May 2016

WWC66 - A sketch challenge


I love sketch challenges and this week's challenge is hosted by a fellow Watercooler Artist, Libby Fens.  Her sketch was so easy to work with---once I turned it on its side horizontally.


It really is a great sketch but for my purposes, it really does work best sideways.  You see, I wanted to use the In The Meadow stamp set so that this card would work either as a masculine birthday card or a Father's Day card (no sentiment until I decide which one it will be).  


Stamp sets:  In the Meadow
Papers:  Heavy Whisper White, Marina Mist, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper
Inks:  Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, Marina Mist, Basic Black Archival
Accessories:  Burlap Ribbon, Neutrals Candy Dots, Softly Falling Embossing Folder

I hope you'll check out the other wonderful cards at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week and link up your own version of this great sketch.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi this is such a great card for a masculine occasion, and works really well horizontally. I love how you paired the image from the "in the meadow" set with the dsp and the burlap strip to give your card a woodsy feel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. I love that In the Meadow set and am so happy they're carrying it over. I hope I like the new, "less robust" burlap ribbon as much as I've loved this retiring one.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.