Friday 22 May 2015

FM210 -- Love you always!

The Occasions Catalogue only has a short while left before most of the products disappear.  Most?  Well, yes, most---since some were lucky enough to make it into the Annual Catalogue.  I loved so many of the products in the Occasions Catalogue, especially the beautiful Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper, the White Jute Ribbon, the Sahara Sand 7/8" Lace Trim, and, of course, the Butterfly Basics Bundle.  Luckily a number of those made the jump into the new catalogue.  Yay!

The challenge for the Friday Mashup this week is an absolutely perfect opportunity to use some of those great products I've listed.  Well, all of them, really.  I had such fun with the challenge!  It's been wonderful being a guest designer.

Butterflies/Lace

As you can see, the challenge is to use butterflies on a card, or lace on a card, or to mash it up and use both on the card.  You know that I had to mash it up, right?

Using all those products I've already listed, I began with a square base of Naturals White cardstock.  Then I added a layer of the Something Borrowed paper which I topped with a "frame" of Sahara Sand cut on the inner border with the scalloped largest of the square framelits.  If you look carefully, you'll notice that I watercoloured some of the flowers in the Designer Paper using Blushing Bride ink. Again, if you look closely, you'll see that I added a strip of the White Jute Ribbon topped by a strip of the Sahara Sand lace.  It's more obvious in person but gets lost in the photograph.  


The lacy butterflies, of course, are part of the Butterfly Basics stamp set and have been cut out using the matching framelits.  First, however, I heat embossed them using Versamark ink and White embossing powder and Blushing Bride embossing powder.  And finally I tucked flowers behind the White Jute Ribbon.  I had fussy-cut the flowers after stamping a second image with a mask over the first.  The flower stamp is from a brand new set that I was able to order during the sneak peek, You've Got This.

Want to see the whole card?  It could easily be a guy's Anniversary card to his lady or, with a change in sentiments, a Wedding card.  If you know a girly-girl, it could even be her Birthday card.


I hope you'll join us for the fun this week at the Friday Mashup challenge.  I can hardly wait to see your creation.

I also had to enter my card into The Card Concept: Card Challenge.  With a challenge for a card that is frilly and fabulous, I couldn't resist!  I kept it classy and elegant, inspired completely by the lace and flowers.

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Heidi gorgouse yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is fantastic for the frilly and fabulous challenge, Heidi! It is so very lovely and romantic!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi. beautiful embossed butterflies! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.