Saturday 4 April 2015

SSC98 --- Picture Perfect

I'm a real camera nut.  Ask anyone that knows me.  Of course they'll exaggerate about how many cameras I own (but not by that much).  Given my love affair with cameras, I had to get the Snapshot stamp.  The camera even looks like several that I own.

The Sunday Stamps Challenge is having a Design Team call as well as their regular challenge.  I love that it calls for single layer stamping.  It's fun and more challenging than cutting out all sorts of layers and embellishments.  For mine, I used the Snapshot stamp.  I also used the wonderful Stars Decorative Mask.


When you look at someone taking a photo, you can see the image of what they're taking reflected in the lens.  I wanted to have the same effect for my card and so made sure that I didn't stamp the large black area in the lens by covering it up with a mask cut with my 3/4" circle punch.  I just put that right onto the stamp after I inked it up and the area was left clean and ready for the image I wanted to have "reflected".  For that I used the wild-looking chicken in the middle of the From the Herd stamp.  Luckily I have the stamp in Photopolymer and so by simply inking up the chicken I could see where to stamp it to have it centred in the lens.  Great, huh?

I added the sentiment in Coastal Cabana using the Project Life Remember This stamp set.  After colouring my camera and chicken, I used the Stars Decorative Mask and carefully sponged some So Saffron around the camera and sentiment.  As an added little touch, I cut a 3/4" piece of Window Sheet and glued that carefully over the chicken to make it look like a glass lens.


Check out the rest of the entries at the Sunday Stamps Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Heidi…this one made me snort coffee all over my keyboard. What an adorably funny card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doris. That was my aim: getting people to snort coffee (or tea).

      Delete
  2. that's so funny with the chicken waving through the camera lens!! LOL love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun with that, Ter. I wanted something more than the camera with the blacked out lens and having an image that fit plus that was photopolymer is what I was hunting for. In the end, the chicken won and I love the look of it.

      Delete
  3. What a clever and adorable card! Thanks for playing at Sunday Stamps this week. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Annette. I had fun combining these stamps.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.