Monday 14 July 2014

Thinking of You

Don't you just love those little birds from the For the Birds stamp set?  They're simply sketched but have so much personality.  I love the little one in the nest, thinking of you.

It was natural to choose this stamp for the card challenges that I entered.  For the ColourQ challenge there was a really pretty assortment of colours:


While the Fab Friday challenge had a sketch that I knew I wanted to use:


Combined, they would be the basis for a really fun card.  Altogether I used a number of stamp sets for my card.  The patterned Coastal Cabana strip is stamped using the Handcarved stamp.  The feathers were stamped with one of the stamps from the Happy Hooray set.  The little bird and sentiment, of course, are from the For the Birds set.

The inks that I used are the Poppy Parade (retired), More Mustard (retired), and Coastal Cabana.  My base cardstock is Naturals White and I've also used Whisper White as well as a strip of Coastal Cabana.  I also used the Woodgrain embossing folder.

I'm happy with the result.  It's fun to set a sketch goal, work within set colours, and discover what I can come up with.  


For more cards with these colours, check out ColourQ.

For more cards using this sketch design, check out Fab Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done Heidi. I love the feathers against the wood grain and the DSP. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. That isn't DSP, by the way, it's stamped with the Handcarved background stamp.

      Delete
  2. Love it! Going to CASE you soon!
    XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trio of feathers is so cute...almost looks like an extension of the little birds tail feathers! Handcarved is a great stamp choice and works perfectly with the feathers! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Amanda. I really enjoyed this challenge.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.