Sunday 30 March 2014

Let there be Spring!

Apparently the Vernal Equinox (Spring) occurred on March 20th this year.  It's funny how precise we're being about the equinoxes and solstices.  When I went to school there were dates we learned that represented them.  For example, the Vernal Equinox always occurred on March 21st.  My mother-in-law was quite proud of having her birthday on the first day of Spring.  I wonder what she would think now with the date changing each year.

We're now ten days into Spring.  Ten days!  What do I see as I look out the window?  Well, let me tell you right now that it isn't crocuses, daffodils or tulips.  Nope.  For us here in Alberta, Spring is white, white, white.  As I type, more white is being added.  I'd like a phone number to call.  Maybe a customer support line.  I'd like to call and tell them that something is out of sync and perhaps the machine could be fixed so that we can finally have Spring.  Of course, having acute bronchitis doesn't make me any happier to have this endless cold.  I think some flowers might just have as much or more effect as the medication I'm taking.

Being sick makes it hard for me to concentrate and do my crafting.  A general lethargy overwhelms me and inspiration eludes me.  *sigh*  Sorry about that.  Normally I'm so current with my blog and even scheduled posts to appear during my two-week vacation.

I felt like making a "Let it Snow" card but that's hyprocritical since I REALLY don't want any more snow.  The grey skies and white landscape is hard to ignore, however, and crept into my project.  As a result, my base cardstock is the white naturals.  The next layer is Basic Black and then a layer of the Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper which is available only until tomorrow.  Finally I topped that with Blue Sky cardstock cut with my Hexagon Hive thinlits die.

I added some icicles using my Uniball Signo white pen and my Stampin' Chalk Marker.  With a layer of Crystal Effects covering them, they really do look icy.


With a frozen bee from the Backyard Basics and the sentiment from Springtime Hello, my card is complete.  Bleak?  Cold?  Welcome to Spring in frozen Alberta!

2 comments:

  1. Très belle carte
    Ici le ciel est bleu est le soleil luit
    J'envoie quelques rayons pour réchauffer Alberta
    bon lundi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup. J'apprécie la chaleur que vous envoyez.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.