Sunday 16 March 2014

Enjoying the Tag Topper Card

As you already know, I love the Scallop Tag Topper punch.  I've made no secret of that fact and have the little boxes and tags to prove it.  Today I finally decided to make one of the popular Tag Topper Cards.  They're a fun change and give a card that special WOW factor that is near and dear to my heart.

This card is about a month too late, but who cares?  You can tell someone that you love him/her any time of the year, can't you?  It doesn't just have to be said on Valentine's Day.


Because of the open space that occurs when part of the front of the card is taken up by the Scallop Tag shape, I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to add a strip of the Gold Vellum.  The staggered gold hearts are perfect, especially with the "I freakin' love you!" as the sentiment beside it.  You can see that I decided to have the ribbon stretch right across the card.  Actually, I adhered it to the base cardstock and threaded it  through the openings left by the punch.

The front of the card was a bit more fun.  I love the Sweet Sorbet Sale-a-bration Designer Paper.  The floral design, especially, appeals to me.  I thought it would be perfect used along with the cute little bee from the Crazy Mixed Up Love stamp set.


The colours in the designer paper just begged for a base cardstock of Summer Starfruit.  Along with that I added a layer of Basic Black to really make the Designer Paper "pop".  I also added a few hearts punched out of Gold Foil using the Owl Builder Punch (that punch has so very, very many uses!).  I think the hearts really balance the gold hearts in the Gold Vellum, don't you?

Don't forget, you have until March 31st to get some of this wonderful designer paper free with a qualifying order.  I know I love using it and am certain you will as well.

1 comment:

  1. I learned how to make the base at a demo meeting. I need to make a card using that method too. Thanks for sharing your card. I like the little bee.

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.