Wednesday 19 March 2014

For the Love of Watercolour

Watercolours can be so lovely and the ones in this year's Occasions Catalogue are especially beautiful.  The sheets in the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper (132994) take my breath away.  Not all of them, of course, but enough that I am enjoying this paper immensely.

For this card I used the Happy Watercolor stamp set (133188) in conjunction with the designer paper because it is such a perfect match.  The inside of the card has the large "blotch" stamped in Crisp Cantaloupe ink and those pretty splatters, also from the stamp set, stamped in Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green and Island Indigo inks.  The sentiment is from the Love You to the Moon stamp set (133143).


The front of the card makes me smile.  I've used the Naturals White as my base cardstock and then layered it with Island Indigo and then a piece of 1 1/2" x 3 3/4" Whisper White cardstock for the top and a piece of 3 1/2" x 3 3/4" Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper for the bottom.  Before I adhered the designer paper, I ran it through the Big Shot in that wonderful Decorative Dots embossing folder (133520) from the Sale-a-bration products.  The result is subtle because of the colour splotches but I love it!

I covered the seam between the papers with a piece of Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon.  Then I prepared six little flowers by stamping Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party and So Saffron cardstocks using my Whisper White Craft ink.  A little stem of Gumball Green using the Secret Garden framelit completed my preparations.  Then I stamped the Whisper White cardstock just above the ribbon using Island Indigo ink and a sentiment from the Happy Watercolor stamp set.  Then it was just a matter of punching out my flowers using the matching Petite Petals punch and adhering them to the ribbon and stem using my dimensionals.


A rhinestone in the centre of each flower gives it just the right finishing touch, doesn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.