Sunday 23 February 2014

Backyard Basics meets Pretty Print

I fell in love with the Backyard Basics bundle the moment I saw it in the new Annual Catalogue.  There was something timeless about the stamp images and the realization that I wouldn't have to hand-cut the images was a great incentive.  I tried to give this card a bit of a vintage feel with the colours that I chose for it.  What really added the final touch, however, was using a background of Very Vanilla which I put through the Big Shot using that gorgeous now-retired Pretty Print embossing folder.  Very lightly sponging over the raised words made them "pop".  As an added vintage touch, I mounted the irises onto an oval cut from the Brushed Gold cardstock.  It's a simple card but I love it and hope you do, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.