Monday 17 February 2014

Another Double-flip Card

I really have been enjoying my Circle Card Thinlit lately, especially since I tried out that new Double-flip style of card which Carol Matthews introduced.  You've seen the one I posted for the February Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop.  Well, several people have asked if I would be posting a tutorial showing how to make one of these cards and today I began making one from scratch and taking photos every step of the way.  That post is here.

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek at my brand new card.  This time I chose to have the first flip lower than the second flip.  It's an easy choice.  You can do it either way just by choosing one side of the die-cut cardstock or the other.

For this card, I chose that gorgeous Watercolour Wonder Designer Series Paper featured in the Occasions Catalogue.  The primary colours in the piece I decided to use are Whisper White, Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango.  For my base cardstock, therefore, I used some Crushed Curry.  For further layers I used some Tangerine Tango cardstock and also some Watercolour Paper which I brushed over with a wash of Crushed Curry.  I also used some of that wonderful Modern Medley Designer Series Paper.  Of course, since it has a Very Vanilla base, I had to do some sponging with the Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango inks to make it fit in better.

For the little flowers which I cut out using the Petite Petals punch, I decided to use a piece of coffee filter.  I tried our Creped Filter paper first but it was simply too fragile for the look for which I was aiming.  I used Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango re-inkers and alcohol for the little flowers and finally dabbed some dots into the centres with my matching markers.

                                                     Front of closed card

                                                    Card standing open

Stampin' Up! Products Used

Crushed Curry Cardstock
Tangerine Tango Cardstock
Whisper White Cardstock
Watercolour Paper
Watercolour Wonder Designer Series Paper
Modern Medley Designer Series Paper
Vellum Cardstock

Tangerine Tango ink pad, re-inker and marker
Crushed Curry ink pad, re-inker and marker
Black StazOn ink

Happy Watercolor Stamp Set
Yippee Skippee Stamp Set
Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set

Bitty Butterfly punch
Elegant Butterfly punch
Petite Petals punch

Non-Stampin' Up! Materials

Coffee Filters

2 comments:

  1. OHMYGOSH!!! That is so awesome!! I need to learn to do that too! Amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, Jeannie. I've also posted the instructions on getting that double flip.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.