Sunday 14 October 2012

Put a little "Joy" in your day!

Talking about all those single stamps made me have a look at one of my favourite sets, "Word Play".  Instead of simply having a sentiment, you have a mini work of art.  Take the stamp for Christmas, for example.  It's easy to find a stamp that says "tidings of comfort and joy".  It can come in a variety of fonts, from simple to quite ornate.  What I love about the stamp in "Word Play" is that it combines art with the letters.  In other words, "joy" is very large, has a solid, upper case "J", the "O" is actually an ornament, and the "Y" is beautifully penned.

Just looking at that stamp gave me an idea for a card, so I went with it.  The resulting card really makes me happy.  It's probably my favourite Christmas card so far.  I love the colours, the background...well, the whole of it.  Have a look and see what you think.

The base cardstock is Island Indigo and the ornaments are daubed in Island Indigo as well.  I've used the Stampin' Dazzle marker in silver for the tops of the ornaments.  Then I stamped an image from Winter Memories and the Word Art stamp on Whisper White and cut those out with the Ornament framelits.  The background is a layer of Brushed Silver cardstock and White Naturals cardstock.  The White Naturals was stamped with a snowflake from the Snow Swirled set in Bashful Blue and then stamped again with the Illuminate ink.  To top it off, I put the Naturals White through the Big Shot in the new Brocade embossing folder.

A front like that requires a fancy interior, in my opinion.  So I stamped the skates from Winter Memories onto Whisper White and cut that out with the Ornament framelit.  After adhering it to the Whisper White inside the card, I cut around the top left, along the shape of the ornament.

I love the way this turned out!  And it all happened because I was admiring the Christmas stamp from the "Word Art" stamp set.  This is definitely one of the stamps I would buy as a single!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.