Sunday 21 October 2012

Jumping on the "twisted wagon"---with a twist!

Have you noticed how many "twisted" cards have been posted lately?  It's another one of those fads that was popular some years back and has come back good and strong.  And no wonder!  The cards really are so different in appearance and can offer so many uses.

I've noticed that most of the cards don't utilize that wonderful pocket that is formed on the front of the twisted card.  I think that's such a shame.  What a great opportunity to offer the recipient that little bit extra and still have a terrific card with or without that extra.  What am I talking about?  Well, who wouldn't like to have a home-made ornament to add to their tree, especially if the ornament happened to be in some of their favourite colours?  This cute little ornament, for example, gives us the traditional Christmas red with the added "pop" of blue that is appearing on so many trees.

Don't you just love the ornaments in the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set?  I love the variety of shapes and designs.  And who doesn't like the convenience of those Holiday Ornaments framelits dies?  When you have multiples to cut out, those framelits sure do beat hand-cutting!  I used Cherry Cobbler and Baja Breeze inks for this ornament and love the contrast, especially when the moving air hits it and it spins to reveal the alternating colours.

This ornament, I think, is the perfect addition to the twisted Christmas card.  Of course it could go into the inside pocket of the card or the front pocket.  I like the idea of leaving the inside pocket for little added gifts like cash cards or movie tickets...or, for a personal touch, the Christmas newsletter.


Because I decided to add this ornament to the twisted card, I made the card all about ornaments.  Two of the ornaments use the Holiday Ornaments framelits dies and one uses that wonderfully versatile punch, the Ornament punch.  Even my Designer Paper and sentiment on the front of the card highlight ornaments.  The paper with all those pretty coloured ornaments on it is from the Snow Festival Designer Series paper.  The sentiment is from the Word Play stamp set and, for a short time, could be bought singly if you would like this distinctive sentiment without the other eleven in the set.  You can see that I've coloured the ornament in the sentiment to reflect the colours in that beautiful Designer paper.


And there you have it: my twist on the twisted card: adding a removable ornament to the front pocket.  If you'd like to make one of these eye-catching twisted cards, watch for my tutorial which I will post on my blog this week .

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.