Wednesday, 4 May 2016

WWC66 - A sketch challenge


I love sketch challenges and this week's challenge is hosted by a fellow Watercooler Artist, Libby Fens.  Her sketch was so easy to work with---once I turned it on its side horizontally.


It really is a great sketch but for my purposes, it really does work best sideways.  You see, I wanted to use the In The Meadow stamp set so that this card would work either as a masculine birthday card or a Father's Day card (no sentiment until I decide which one it will be).  


Stamp sets:  In the Meadow
Papers:  Heavy Whisper White, Marina Mist, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Botanical Gardens Designer Series Paper
Inks:  Tip Top Taupe, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow, Marina Mist, Basic Black Archival
Accessories:  Burlap Ribbon, Neutrals Candy Dots, Softly Falling Embossing Folder

I hope you'll check out the other wonderful cards at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week and link up your own version of this great sketch.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi this is such a great card for a masculine occasion, and works really well horizontally. I love how you paired the image from the "in the meadow" set with the dsp and the burlap strip to give your card a woodsy feel. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Penny. I love that In the Meadow set and am so happy they're carrying it over. I hope I like the new, "less robust" burlap ribbon as much as I've loved this retiring one.

      Delete

I welcome your comments or questions.