Friday, 7 March 2014

Sending good thoughts your way, Mum!

It's my Mum's birthday today.  I won't be able to hug her and say "happy birthday", unfortunately, because she left this world over ten years ago.  There's still a hole in my life since she left.  We did a lot of things together and enjoyed each other's company.  Her love of taking pictures led to my life-long interest in photography.

Mum also loved tulips.  They were among her favourite flowers and Dad always made sure we had lots blooming in our gardens back in Victoria.  I don't remember ever seeing an empty vase during flowering season---which, in Victoria, was much of the year.

I made this card with my Mum in mind.  My memories of her are golden and therefore the card is a celebration in gold.  We have Gold Foil, gold embossing powder, Gold Vellum, the golden designs of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi tape and even some Gold Encore ink.  Like I said: a celebration in gold.

I stamped the tulip from the Backyard Basics stamp set on Gold Foil using Black StazOn ink.  That ink stamps beautifully on any surface!  Then I used the matching framelit to cut it out.  I love the effect!  It makes me think of a pretty gold brooch---and Mum loved brooches.


So, Mum, I know you're listening.  I'm sending good thought your way---wonderful, golden thoughts.

I miss you, Mum.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Card !! Like the way you used the washi tape in the design of the card .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and also a nice memory of your mum. I think it's important that we continue to do things in the memory of those who have left us too soon. It keeps them "alive" but it also helps our hearts. <3

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments or questions.