Thursday 13 February 2014

Scalloped Tag Topper Punch - the closing box

After fiddling with measurements, I successfully designed a closing lid for the cute little Scalloped Tag Topper Punch box.  I've changed out the sizing from the original box so that this one may fit on a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of cardstock.


You can see that I've scored along the long side at 2", 4", 6", and 8".  Along the short side I've scored at
1 1/2" and 3 1.2".  If you go to my tutorial for the original Scalloped Tag Topper Punch box, you will see the lines I've put on the punch and why I've done so.

Line up the 6" score line and the 8" score line with the lines on the punch as shown and punch out this section.


Next, line up the 2" score line and the 4" score line with the lines on the punch as shown and punch out this section:

Your cardstock should now look like this:


Now all you have to do is to line up the ends of your punch cuts on your Stampin' Trimmer as shown:


Trim the 1/2" wide strip from the top to the score line and from the bottom to the score line as shown.
Next cut your score lines from the top to meet the scored line and from the bottom to meet the scored line.  Then you will trim the bottom flaps of the sections that do not have the scalloped top to approximately 1/2".

Next fold under the scalloped sections and line up your straight topped section on the Envelope Punch Board as shown.  Make sure your paper lines up exactly as I have shown.  Punch that section.


Flip over your paper and line it up exactly as shown.  Punch that section.


Trim the little pointy ends as shown:


Next, cut a piece of cardstock to 1 7/8" x 1 1/8".  I've chosen to use black only because of the project I'm doing.  This piece can be the same colour as the base cardstock if you wish.  Its only purpose is to provide a slot into which the end formed by the Envelope Punch Board will fit.  Put double sided Sticky Tape on each end as shown.


Adhere to the unshaped straight flap as shown.


Next, add all the Designer Paper and embellishments that please you.


And close up your box.


And this is my finished project.  Enjoy making yours.  Please do not sell this template and please give me credit.  Thanks.



19 comments:

  1. Heidi, thanks so much for the instructions and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clear tutorial. Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tutorial Heidi!...Thank you so much for sharing such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim Paquette, Feb 14,20145:13 am, February 14, 2014

    Thank You Heidi! I love the picture tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I made a few of these today for valentines day to give to co-workers. Mine werent as fancy as yours but the loved them! Had to let you know! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your ideas! It is nice that you are willing to do that for everyone. Wish I lived close by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the tutorial. It's fun to share. I'd love to see some of the samples. Let me know your blogs so I can check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial and also the box template they are really appreciated. Kindest regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're finding the tutorial useful, Kendell. You're very welcome.

      Delete
  9. Wow! Love this box! Thank you for sharing the tutorial. It's a "must try"!
    Aloha & Mahalo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi, thank you so much for sharing this adorable little box and all your wonderful picture tutorial. I appreciate it soooooooooooooooo much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very clear instructions Heidi thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them, Lisa. Enjoy making the boxes.

      Delete
  12. Wow, this is going into the folder for a future class!! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much for the instructions! The box looks soooo nice.
    hugs renate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Enjoy making your box, Perlafina. It's fun and so versatile.

      Delete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.