Wednesday 19 January 2022

WWC333 - Dawn's Challenge: All About Occasions

Yay!  I received the "Rising Star Badge" from "A Place to Start Challenges" for this card. 

We've had a real dump of snow lately and so this wonderful stamp of Penny Black's seemed like the perfect one to use for my card.  I love the way the coloured sky leaves patterns of colour on the snowy landscape and so tried to copy that "magic" here.


For my base I chose Very Vanilla.  There are hints of a vanilla/yellow in the card and so I felt a white base would be too stark in contrast.  My matte is Gorgeous Grape and it reflects the  purples on the snow and in the background perfectly, doesn't it?


You can't really see it well in the photos, but I've added white enamel accents to the branches of the tree and along some of the drifts.  I've also use some Wink of Stella on the snow and sky to give it a bit of sparkle.  It's quite lovely in person. 


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, January 31st, 2022.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

A Place to Start Challenge #012022 - Anything Goes  

Make My Monday #166 - Winter Wherever You Are

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Anything Goes


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great choice for the matting to highlight the colors in the image. Thanks for joining A Place To Starts, "Anything Goes" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love your wintry scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this card, it drew my eyes into it. A stunning stamp but you have greatly enhanced it ewith your inky colourings. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. We apreciate you took the time to join us. Hugs. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have inspired me to try some backgrounds with my Penny Black stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Heidi your card is so beautiful, I love this stamp.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you captured your vision quite well! You coloring is absolutely fabulous! Thanks so very much for sharing this beauty with us at a Place To Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours in the sky and snow Heidi, beautifully blended, gorgeous card with the purple mat. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful scene, Heidi - love the blend of colors! Thanks for the inspiration at Water Cooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Heidi. Love how you got those shadow colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely image Heidi and so relevant for you and many others! Love the soft colours you've added. Stay safe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Heidi your card is so beautiful, wonderful sentiment too.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours in this are so subtle but make such an impact. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You were selected as A Rising Star for the week of January 17-22, 2022 at A Place To Start! !Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty color. A lovely and striking CAS creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge. I hope you will join us for the February Challenge too. ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.