Wednesday 5 January 2022

WWC332 - Tristan's Challenge: All Things Feminine

Another year, another challenge.  Let's all hope for a happy, healthy 2022.  I think, after the ups and downs of the last two years, we all deserve a break, don't you?

For this challenge I chose to combine some old designer paper featuring a realistic photographic scene with a beautifully animated cow image from an Art Impressions set I just got called Dairy Christmas.  If you're a fan of AI, you'll know how much fun their wonderful images can be.


This is an oversized card, measuring 5" x 6 1/2".  I simply had to keep as much of the background as possible because it's gorgeous and, of course, the image of the leaping cow is not exactly small.  But they work together, don't they?  I just love the exuberance of her body position and the joyous look on her face.  I coloured her using my Derwent watercolours and added some silver to the bells around her waist.  I also added some silver shimmer to the snowflakes which are far more visible in person than in the photo.   For a bit of realism, I also added the shaded-in hoof-prints behind her with my watercolours.


My base for the card is the heavyweight Whisper White and then I've used a matte of Pacific Point under the lovely background designer paper.   After stamping the image, I carefully fussy-cut her so that she'd appear to be jumping out of the background.  I think it works, especially with that sentiment I found, don't you agree?


Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, January 17th, 2022.

I've also entered my card at the following challenges:

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Something New

Crafting Happiness Challenges January #119 - Always Anything Goes

Dare 2 B Artzy January Challenge - Winter Fun

4 comments:

  1. This all works perfectly together Heidi, love the image of the cow and the sentiment and the dp is so pretty, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, what's not to love about this giddy jumping cow?! It's udderly fantastic, Heidi! (Couldn't resist!) You made her look like a natural part of the background scenery with the addition of her hoofprints! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. I'd love to see her over in the NBUS gallery!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card just makes me smile Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love AI stamps Heidi! Always lots of fun and sure to bring a smile!! This is exactly how your card will be received!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.