Wednesday 30 September 2020

WWC291 - Fifth Week Anything Goes Challenge

 Oh my!  We have five Wednesdays in September and so this week we're having our fun, special "Anything Goes" challenge.  I've been looking forward to this.  Of course I've gone back and forth with all sorts of ideas, from special folds to boxes to fancy cards.  And then I suddenly needed a card for a special someone's birthday and my decision was made.  


This adorable birthday card is stamped and stencilled on one layer of Mixed Media paper.  I began with that sweet fox and bunny, stamping the image in the bottom right corner of the paper.  Then I took a scrap of  self-adhesive masking paper and stamped the image on it.  Once it had dried, I carefully cut it out just inside the lines.  Then I peeled off the backing and masked the stamped image on my Mixed Media paper. 

I had decided to use the large Crafter's Companion sentiment and knew it would stamp onto my little fox, hence the masking.  With mask in place, I used my stamping platform to stamp the sentiment in black ink.  It took several passes to get the nice even coverage I wanted (thank goodness for the stamping platform).  At this point I removed the mask from my image and used my heat gun to dry the sentiment thoroughly.  


Since I planned to use a stencil over the sentiment and image, I attached the mask onto the image once again and proceeded to use my Nuvo Blending Brush to stencil the heart-shaped pawprints using Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide ink.  Once that was done I could finally remove the mask for good.


While that dried, I stamped the sentiment inside the card and used the stencil and Blending Brush to add a few pawprints on the left hand side.  I outlined the prints with a thin black pen and like the effect.  I hope you do, too.  

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, October 5th.   

I've also entered my card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #129 - Anything Goes

All Fun Challenges #16 - Anything Goes

Crafting Happiness Challenge #68 - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Super cute fox with bunny, Heidi - perfect with the jumbo sentiment (love it!) and yummy stenciling!! Thanks for sharing the card inside too - I always envy the people who can decorate their insides to match the card front!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sentiment...and the card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card with such a sweet little sleeping fox and bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card Heidi, love that sentiment and your colouring and use of the footprints to make the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, Heidi! Love the sentiment!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so adorable, Heidi! Beautiful masking and stencilling. Love the fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pawprint heart shaped background with this sweetly coloured fox and hare. And I love how you have continued the theme onto the inside of your pretty card! Thank you for always being kind to me about my own work! Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.