Wednesday 23 September 2020

WWC 290 - Michelle's Challenge: All About Occasions

I love owls!  Imagine my happiness at buying an adorable stamp which has FOUR owls, all dressed in scarves and winter caps, holding their Christmas stockings.   


I used the Heavy Whisper White as my base and actually die-cut a piece of Craft Consortium patterned paper: the Grunge in Light Tones.  After die-cutting that wonderful snowflake edge, I stamped the Wild Rose Studio image of the four owls (Owl Family) and then, near the bottom edge, the sentiment.  Because the paper is lighter in the centre, it was easy to colour the owls using my Stampin' Markers.  The colours show up nice and clean and bright, exactly the way I had hoped they would.

Rather than use a matte behind the paper, I attached it directly to the white base.  The soft colours show up well against the white and give a cooler, more wintery look, don't you agree?  To add a bit of dimension, I used my Snow Marker on the "furry" edges of the hats and stockings.  After this dried, I used my heat gun to  make it nice and puffy.  A final bit of bling, thanks to my Silver Nuvo drops, in the centres of the snowflakes, and my card was finished.    I hope you like it as much as I do.

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, September 28th.         

  
I've also entered my card in the following challenges:




10 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card Heidi. Lovely colouring and great idea with the die cut edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for joining in the challenge at MMM with this gorgeous owl card (I love owls and robins) your layout shows them off perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are those owls all dressed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet owls with their stockings and I love how you colored them!! Thanks for the inspiration at Watercooler Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card Heidi! Lovely colouring of your sweet owls. Our challenge this month is trees. Hope you'll join us again following the challenge prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful holiday card! Who could resist these adorable owls, especially when they are all ready for Christmas?! So cute!! Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute image Heidi, the owl family look so cute all huddled up on the branch of the tree :) thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable owls in a tree, colored beautifully. Thank you for sharing at CAS Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't they just darling! Love the sweet image and your wonderful card, Heidi! Glad you are playing along with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again.
    Hugs, Lori xx (DT at Lemon Shortbread)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, Heidi! I love these sweet little birds huddled together on the branch!! Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.