Wednesday 17 June 2020

WWC276 - Marsha's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

I bought this Gina Marie stamp set last year and am finally getting around to using it.  The images are simple and the sentiments are fun, especially if you happen to have someone in your life that is forever curious about all things science.


I used the Basic Gray as my base cardstock and added a matte of Whisper White which I first embossed using a retired embossing folder.

I stamped each of the three images on Whisper White using black Versafine ink and then cut them out with my stitched square die.  I mounted the stitched squares on a strip of Basic Black and then cut around the squares, allowing a nice, skinny matte to show.  Then I coloured them using my Stampin' Markers, keeping to simple colours.

For the sentiments, I heat embossed two separate ones on Basic Black cardstock using White embossing powder.  After using an old punch to cut the sentiments out, I added them to the card propped up on foam dimensionals.

I love the way the card turned out and hope you do, too.  Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, June 22nd.



I've also entered my card in the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #122 - Anything Goes

Tuesday Throwdown #459 -  Special Guy

Crafty Cardmakers #259 - Masculine

Crafty Creations June Challenge #410 - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant card! Love the black and white combo and the fabulous design. Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever card, Heidi! Fun sentiments! The black and white really pops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am in LOVE!! This is oh so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.