Wednesday 3 June 2020

WWC274 - Dawn's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Feminine Twist

As you know, I have an obsession with those adorable little House-Mouse images by Ellen Jareckie.  This little image simply delighted me when I saw it.  Being a bit (a lot) of a choco-holic, I couldn't pass up creating a card with a mouse totally covered in chocolate sauce.


I've kept the design rather CAS.  My base is the Heavy Whisper White and then I've added a matte of Gorgeous Grape.  I stamped the image and sentiment onto a piece of Mixed Media paper using the Versafine black ink so that it wouldn't smear when I watercoloured.

I had so much fun colouring the images, but you know how much I love these little House Mice.  I used my Derwent Watercolour pencils and, of course, my Aqua Painter brush to turn the pencilled colour into gorgeous watercolour.   Once that was totally dry, I put some Crystal Effects onto a pallette and mixed in a bit of water to make it easier to brush on.  Using a very small brush, I covered the chocolate on the Mouse, on the floor, and dripping down the jar with the Crystal Effects mix.  Once it dried, it looked so much like real chocolate that I wanted to lick it.  Thank goodness for self restraint.


The sentiment isn't by Stampendous like the House Mouse image.  Actually, I hunted around to find "the perfect sentiment".  You know how hard that can be.  But finally, in a rather old set which I haven't used for years, I found it.  By Hero Arts, it's called "Friends" and came out in 2010.   Old, but perfect.

Have fun checking out our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and I hope you'll link your creation before the deadline on Monday, June 8th.



I've also entered this card in the following challenges:

HMFMC #317 - Anything Goes with an Option of Gingham or Plaid

CAS on Friday Challenge #181 - Animals

Lemon Shortbread Challenge #141 - Anything Goes


9 comments:

  1. Fabulous detail. Thanks for sharing the close up. It's colored so prettily, also. Thank you for joining us at House Mouse. {Bunny} Designer for House Mouse and Friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card just makes me smile. I love the texture you got with that crystal effects. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I love the chocolate efect you got on the little mousie! This card is great! Thanks for sharing at House Mouse and Friends Mondy challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! And what a lovely technique for the chocolate! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, fun card, and it DOES look edible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO cute Heidi! I love the chocolate dripping from your little mouse! Very clever!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, love the CAS Style, lets this sweet scene shine!! Super colorwork too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fun card! Can't stop smiling, lol! Thanks for playing along at CAS on Friday Challenges! Crafty hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! Chocolate mice!!! Ha!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! 😊 Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but things have been crazy lately, haven’t they!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

GDPR (for my EU visitors)

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) coming to the EU, please note that in commenting you do so with the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose, only. I do not collect information stored on my blog. If you have left a comment and prefer that it not be seen, please delete it. Followers: If you follow my blog (thank you!) you do so in the knowledge that my followers list is open to anyone who visits my blog. Your photo, name and links will appear and can be seen by anyone. If you don't want this data shared, please remove your name from my followers list.